Skip to main content

Devil's Tower

Let me take you all the way back to August 16th. We left Livingston on Thursday and spent 2 days making our way across Montana. Saturday the 18th saw us arriving in Hulett, WY just north of Devil's Tower. Jared's friend Brice is the head groundskeeper at a gorgeous golf club here, creatively called The Golf Club at Devil's Tower. They recently built a few slabs for RVs with hookups and we were able to stay here for two nights. We got a private tour of the golf course which includes a hole going over a canyon. To say that this place was beautiful wouldn't be doing it justice. After being here a few hours, Jared and I were discussing how to make it back here sometime on our travels. Of course Jared enjoyed playing a few holes free of charge on this ultra private course and Ophelia was in heaven as we were parked right next to a stable housing three horses. She spent all of her down time feeding and petting the horses and dreaming of owning her own.




Monday morning, I took the kids to Devil's Tower. I went there once when I was in college but only drove to the entrance to the park to take pictures. This time, we planned on going on the 1.3 mile hike around the base. I'll be honest and say that I thought this would just be a level, paved path. The path was more strenuous than anticipated, but also way more enjoyable. There were endless rocks and fallen trees to climb on and I think it's safe to say that the kids enjoyed this even more than climbing around the Badlands. The kids were tired before we got to the end, but with all the climbing off the trail that they did, I'm sure they walked closer to 2 miles.





Next up on the blog: Rapid City, SD

Comments

  1. How awesome?! Love the pics! I think I was there once but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment